Maria Schiano Branson
856-456-0750 Ext. 104
Monday to Thursday
8:30am to 5:00pm
Open until 7:00pm on the second Wednesday of every month
Division of Taxation’s
Property Tax Relief Program webpage at: https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/relief.shtml?
Taxes are due and payable on the first of February, May, August and November. The Borough of Brooklawn allows a 10-day grace period. When the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday the grace period will be extended to the next business day. Interest on late payments is calculated at 8% for the first $1,500 and 18% on all amounts over $1,500. A 6% penalty is also added for all delinquent charges over $10,000.
A lock box is located at the front of the Municipal Building and can be used to drop off payments for taxes and water/sewer. This box is checked during business days and only once daily at 8:30 am. If dropping payment off during business hours, please make your payments directly to the tax office.
Deductions for Senior/Disabled:
- Annual deduction of up to $250 from property taxes for homeowner’s age 65 or older and/or disabled persons who meet certain income residency requirements is available through the Borough
- Annual deduction of $250 from property taxes for qualified veterans and unmarried surviving spouses is available through the Borough.
SENIOR CITIZENS, VETERANS, DISABLES SURVIVING SPOUSES.
PROPERTY TAX/SEWER DEDUCTIONS ($250.00)
$250.00 each year
You must have been in active service during specific times.
- A copy of DD214 Papers or Honorable Discharge Papers is required
- Proof of residency (Drivers License, etc.)
- Obtain a form in the Tax Collector’s Office or Camden County Board of Taxation
- Must be the owner as of October 1st of the pre-tax year
- No Age restrictions
SENIOR CITIZEN’S/DISABILITY/SURVIVING SPOUSE PROPERTY TAX DEDUCTION:
The Borough also offers a Water/Sewer Deduction for those eligible.
- Apply in the Tax Office (forms are available) or at Camden County Board of Tax
- For a $250 Senior Citizen Deduction you must meet income requirements
- You do not include, as income, your social security or Federal/State Pension…. Whichever is the higher figure, you DO NOT INCLUDE as income.
- You must be the owner of property, and have lived in this residency as of October 1st of the prior year.
- Proof of ownership
- Proof of Age
- Age requirement for Senior Citizen is 65, as of December 31st of the prior year.
- Age requirement for disability is different – Call the Tax Office
If you do not qualify for a SC/DIS/SP Tax Deduction, you may still be eligible for a Water/Sewer Deduction, please call the Water/Sewer Clerk at (856) 456=0750 ext. 104
Property Tax Reimbursement Form (Better known as Property Tax Freeze)
PTR-1 For persons applying for the first time
PTR-2 Persons who have applied in previous years and became eligible.
PTR must be filed with the State each year by June 1st. (State occasionally extends the deadline to file to October 1st.)
If eligible, the State will freeze property taxes on your base year (year which you were eligible) and refund you the difference.
Refunds are due in July of each year. These forms become available from the State around the same time income tax forms.
NJ Property Tax Relief
For more information on NJ Property Relief Programs Click Here
Homestead Rebate Program:
- To file applications by phone: 1-877-658-2972
- To file an application online: state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/
- To ask questions: 1-888-238-1233 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- To check the status (amount) of a filed rebate application: 1-877-658-2972
- E-mail address for homestead benefit questions: email@example.com
Property Tax Reimbursement Program:
- To ask questions: 1-800-882-6597 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- To check the status of a filed application: 1-800-882-6597
- To listen to information or to order an application: 1-800-323-4400
- TTY Equipment Users: 1-800-286-6613 or 609-984-7300
- Taxation e-mail address for general tax questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comparison of tax rates for the last five years:
|County Open |